Call for Conference Shorts Presentations
- Proposals for APDT Shorts are accepted January 23, 2017 - June 1, 2017 5:00pm PT/8:00pm ET for the 2017 Conference.
- Applications will not be considered outside of these dates. No exceptions or extensions.
- We are looking for scientific topics and cover new and timely topics, or have a unique idea for better training classes. A special skill, or perspective, that sets you apart.
- Your audience will be pet professionals, primarily trainers. This is a volunteer opportunity for any registered attendee who has an interesting topic to share. If you haven't presented at the APDT conference in the past, this is a great way to get exposure as well as for you to be discovered as a future speaker.
About APDT Shorts
- Brief 45-minute morning presentations
- Must have PowerPoint incorporated into presentation.
- Are the ideal way to demonstrate and/or hone your public presenting skills
- Allow new, up and coming speakers to "try out" for speaking at future Conference
- Shorts do not receive financial compensation
- Presenters must be registered the day of their presentation for the conference
How Will You Know if You Are Selected?
All applicants will be notified via e-mail by June 30, 2017 whether you are selected or not. Please keep in mind we receive a large number of proposals and can only select a small number of speakers each year.